Wednesday, May 20, 2009

To preserve or not to preserve- that is the question



Recently, I was chatting friend with a friend of mine about wedding dresses and she mentioned that many brides are getting rid of their wedding dress as a way to break from the tradition of passing the dress down to their female relatives. In fact, many people are re-selling the dress itself or re-using the fabric in other household items they plan to keep. Others on the other hand, are of course getting the dressed preserved and them sealed in a gift box for later.

I knew about the tradition but I'll admit I never gave it much thought to preserving my dress for a future child- just because I thought every girl should have the thrill of finding her own dress. I don't know- that's just me. I plan to use both my wedding & reception dress as decor in my store one day- so until the day Chocolate Brooms and Bouquets opens for business in a retail space- it will continue to hang neatly in my closet.

Have any of you perserved your dress? Why or Why Not?

No comments: