Wednesday, May 27, 2009

New Trend in Veils

Out with the old, in with the new..

I have always been a huge fan of the birdcage veil because I thought it gave you that timeless, classic romantic look (I even wore one myself) but with the onsurge of vintage inspired weddings and crafters everywehere - the birdcage is getting a little played if you know what I mean.

But that's why I really love the wedding industry because it always something wild and funky- how about incoporating your colors by wearing a veil with color!? Now I have to admit at first, I thought there is no way this could possible look good, but now I think its really how you put it all together- if not done right you can look like the bride of chuckii.

Here's some suggestions on how to make it work. You could opt for a full veil of one bright color or you can incorporate more subtle colors like light beige or light pink to pull in your colors without it being so vivid, in your face - im not a white wedding veil! And then there's the wedding veil trimmed in a color. So basically only the edges will tie in your colors- what a great way to be simple & modern!









And that brings me to the wedding dress I wanted sooo bad when I was younger... remember this pink veil?

No comments: