Friday, May 15, 2009

NOT another marriage movie... FIREPROOF

A few weeks ago, my husband and I were watching tv together and a commercial aired for a movie starring none other than the 80s heartthrob Kirk Cameron (yes Mike Seaver from the sitcom "Growing Pains"). Now I have to admit, I literally said " what in the world" - i couldnt believe i was seeing mike seaver as a grown man ( who has aged all that much lol), in a movie about marriage. Get outta here! I was like ok, now that Hollywood has seen the success of movies like Not Easily Broken & Why Did I Get Married?, they've decided to make their version to appeal to a larger audience. I was a bit bothered, but my husband and I laughed it off and changed the channel.

A couple of weeks later, my sweetheart saw a trailer for the movie in the Christian bookstore we go to. He was sweet enough to come home with a gift and a copy of the movie. We made a date night out of it and amazingly we were surprised by its content. Although the acting was kinda sappy with some characters ( Kirk was the obvious best actor) but the message was powerful indeed.

We were really touched by its honesty, and ended up talking about the movie in great length afterwards. That conversation eventually led to the purchase of the book. :-) So I highly encourage all married folks and even engaged peeps to checkout this movie & book. I'll be checking in from time to time to share with you the gems of the content.

Did anyone else purchase the book and/or movie? What did you think?

No comments: