Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Cassandra Bromfield, thanks to you...

Have you ever felt like you have enough of the every day hum-drum, ho-hum pace of working a job you really dont care to be at? Im sure many of you have had that feeling at least once or twice in your life. lol :-) Well, I have felt that way, for quite a while now...just because I am a creative person really from the rootie to the tootie and a desk job is not my ideal situation.

So last week I had one of those days again, when i was feeling like I should be creating FULL TIME, thats what Im called to do and then I got a email that surely confirmed what I thought.

The one and only Cassandra Bromfield, THE original designer of African inspired wedding dresses sent me a email. When I saw her name in my inbox I almost fell out on the floor, literally. I have admired her work since I was a child, coloring, cutting & creating new fashions with my moms Essence magazines. And years later, I still have the image of the beautiful black women in the bright yellow wedding dress with all those lovely layers of tulle, archived in my "fabulous fashion moments" section of my head. It was those moments that inspired me to want to get my degree in fashion.

So needless to say I was star struck...off one email!. So anyway she asked me to send her a pic of my latest work and she may feature in her blog: http://cassandrabromfieldblogs.blogspot.com/. So now I'm scrambling to get pictures taken & sent to one of the women who inspired me to be who God made me to be and thats a creative soul.

So THANKS goes again to her for reminding me there are people out here making a living being who they were called to be, and I'll keep you posted on when my wedding bouquets will be featured !!

P.S. To see more of her work: http://www.cassandrabromfield.com/

1 comment:

Lisa M. McGainey said...

I love Cassandra. She is truly an inspiration! Yeah she can do that to you. She so adorable in person too. And I soooo feel you about wanting to work full time in your gifting.

Lisa