Friday, July 2, 2010

Americana Wedding Style...

Happy July 4th Everybody! Since the holiday is on Sunday, it got me to thinking how convienent this three day weekend could be for a creative fun, holiday wedding! And no I'm not talking the cheesy over the top American flag wedding dress type of event either. LOL. I envision an outdoor wedding, white tent, streamers, confetti, the wonderful smell from a bbq grill and my favorite- FIREWORKS!! LOL

You get the picture right? This weekend marks the celebration of America's independence, but it also represents a time when family and friends gather to celebrate each other- so what better way to start you lives together than to have a Americana theme wedding?

I created two mood boards featuring the good old stars and stripes inspired dresses and paired them with some of my floral bouquets, just for fun. I hope you like them!

Have a great weekend & be sure to eat lots of BBQ for me! - Mrs B.




Dress Designer Credits:

Star Spangled Dress by Tracy Reese
2008


Red & White Stripe Dress from dressingvintage.com
Jacques Heim
1950's Dress

Exceptional red and ivory silk cocktail party dress. Jeunes Filles designed by Jacques Heim. Sold at Bonwit Teller in the 1950's. There are a couple of very tiny, only noticeable upon very close inspection, faint micro dots. They wouldn't even show up in photographs, near the hemline, but I like to mention everything. Otherwise, this dress is in excellent condition and is ready to wear! Fully lined with linen and tulle with back metal zipper. Would even make an amazing out of the box wedding gown!

1 comment:

African-American Brides said...

Ohhhhh, I like that "Jacques Heim" dress - and not just for a wedding! :) That's right up my alley. You know I'm popping over to dressingvintage.com to see what size it's in. Have a great weekend, lady!

Erica