Thursday, August 6, 2009

All The Colors of the Rainbow

I'll admit that I am a bit color-obessed sometimes. I recently found the coolest fabric ever- rainbow hued chiffon with a cheetah print overlay! Yes, it may sound a bit over the top but trust me, its going to make a HOT TO DEF party dress!

So the fabric, led me to wonder if I could find any rainbow hued weddings for inspiration- and thanks to google, I found a few examples... How fun is this!!!.
I was also shocked to see that rainbow themed weddings are not a new thing, my mother said she attended several during the seventies and eighties.
I personally think its a fun idea, why stick with just two or three colors when you can have all the colors of the rainbow? If you are scared youll look like Rainbow Brite did in the 80s, here's how you can pull it off: try using the rainbow in smaller details of the wedding like the invitations, the actual cake , or painting your toenails different shades.

But if you are extremely bold, try opting for bridesmaids dresses in various colors -the key is to have dresses that are in the same hue, so the colors don't clash) How about wearing even a colored crinoline under your wedding dress. Believe, me it will be the talk of the reception as you dance and shimmey the night away!

Im super excited and inspired to create a bouquet with all the colors of the rainbow! Stay tuned!


















No comments: